This is the first question I ask prospective resort and hotel marketing clients because size is important! The size of the email list helps me determine the difficulty of working with them (not that I would turn down a challenge!).
The only way to guarantee your long-term income and success is to build an e-mail database and, even though it may sound retro, a snail-mail database as well.
The following are five ways to build your email list – even if you’re starting from next to nothing (these and over 35 more can be found in the Hotel and Resort Marketing Bible – out now)
1. Start Your Quest For a Million-Dollar List by Getting a Decent CRM System
Nothing is more important to your long-term success than your database so we want to keep all that data in one place using a CRM or customer relationship management system.
2. Start at Home—Look in Your Personal e-mail Address Book
Start in the simplest place by handpicking family, friends, clients, ex-clients. coworkers, and prospects from your existing personal address list. Export all who may be interested into your list server and CRM.
3. Use Your Pop Up Ad to Collect data
Hover ads have a 330% higher click-through rate than traditional banner or button ads so it only makes sense to use them to promote data collection.
4. Set Your Website up Correctly for Optimum Data Collection
Make your data collection front and center of every page; lead generation is your website’s number one job, everything else is secondary. Once you have their name, you will have multiple opportunities to sell them something.
5. Use Facebook Pay Per Click Ads and Boosted Posts to Build Your Lists
The very best reason to use Facebook is not to generate a large number of fans, keep top of the mind awareness, or build your brand, it is to build your mailing list.
In this chapter of the Hotel and Resort Marketing Bible we will also cover:
- How to build a million-dollar email list,
- Who to target to build your list,
- The importance of having a good CRM, and
- 35+ more proven ways to build your list.